Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bring in 2010!

Hey all, been working on those 2010 resolution lists? I sort of have, and tried, keyword being tried to get my family to share their resolutions at the dinner table tonight as well...kind of like my Mom's ever popular "share what you're thankful for" at Thanksgiving dinner game...except it's not really a game because it's mandatory and if you just joke around, she gets serious and annoyed and you have to stay at the table until you figure something out.
Sort of.

So anyway, with no further ado, here is my list of resolutions for 2010:
1. Double my 2009 reading list number. Yes, I am a lifelong bookworm and habitual geek, therefore I also have an Excel spreadsheet for what I read and total my pages every year. This year, was a bit disappointing, so 2010, my personal goal is to double the amount of books I read in 2009.
2. Less stressing. This, is fairly self-explanatory, I need to calm down a little.
3. Finish Graduate school and receive my Masters degree with a 4.0. I currently have a 4.0, and should be finished around next October, if I plow straight through the year with no breaks...it's school, marathon style!
4. Move out of in-laws house. It's great here and all, but I'm dying to get into my own home, and ideally our first house, NOT an apartment. *shudder*
5. Take a vacation with my Husband. Doesn't have to be 5-star all the way, just a little getaway, at some point in 2010.
6. Stop eating junk. Watching what I eat doesn't necessarily mean my weight, it means what goes in my mouth. This means not just junky, fatty food, but also being more strict and observant of my veganism and whole food diet.
7. Better my Norwegian language skills. By this time next year I hope and dream to be exponentially better in Norwegian, be able to converse more comfortably and such. This goes hand in hand with starting my classes, which also need to happen!
8. Give my all to my family, and my marriage. This is pretty much just a personal resolve to put others first, be positive generally speaking, considerate of my actions , and act with a servants heart.

That about sums it up, I guess for my resolutions. I'm also working on a header for this web page of a photo I took tonight...it will be my first time making one, so don't judge!
I'm going to try and get it up and running tomorrow, to start off 2010, and maybe if I'm super ambitious I can make a new one each month.

Happy New Years everyone, I hope 2010 will be the best yet for us all.