Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a moment...

Late last night, I made Harald come outside with me to take the dogs out before bed, because the moon was amazing, a giant, rich, deep yellow crescent that looked like it was perched on top of the mountains in the distance. It only took about ten minutes before it was half way hidden behind the mountains, and I tried to take a picture of it, but none of them turned out...

The best thing ever though, was right before we were about to go back in the house, we were both looking at the stars, trying to find familiar constellations when we saw a shooting star.

A real live, shooting star, just for a second.

It was totally amazing, and I had never seen one before in real life. It was just something so special that I got to witness with my Husband, late at night in the freezing cold, dark, quiet of our neighborhood. I'm convinced we were the only ones in the world that saw it, and it was just for us.

Like a private message from God. And it was just what I needed to see.