Friday, February 26, 2010

Pink laptops and green iphones...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am now officially and proudly the owner that is typing on her pink laptop. Pure bliss. I had pretty much forgotten what having my own computer felt like, since I've been sharing with the Hubs since October and I use it literally everyday...last night Harald and I were sitting in bed with our respective computers on our laps, and I caught him just sitting and staring at a desktop screen he then said;
"You know, I've been so excited to  have my computer back all to myself and not have to wait to use it...but now that I have it all to myself, I don't even know what to do with it!"
Aww.
He secretly wishes his laptop were pink too I think. heehee.

Today I went out and got a few bottles of organic aloe vera salve and an antiseptic for my burns, since the large ones are now both sporting adorable yellow-ish blisters in the middle. Cute, huh? I hope none of you were eating while you read that...sorry by the way. Despite rumors of hysteria from one of my beloved homestates, I now feel totally confident that my healing process will go off without a hitch, and ER visit free which is the best part. I admit when I woke up this morning and saw those neat little buggers on my burns I felt a little concerned...mostly about the potential hospital visit (have you caught on yet that I tend to avoid hospitals at all costs? Gouged my own eye out of the socket? I don't think I need to go to the hospital, let me just squish it back in there and find a band-aid and a couple of Advil!) that could ensue from developing a nasty infection during the healing process.
Anyway, I'll spare you all with further appetizing details pertaining to my wounds (lol) and simply notify you all should something truly interesting happens concerning those darling angry looking patches on my belly and leg...I'm a big girl, I got this.

Hey, what's almost as good as a bright new shiny much-anticipated pink laptop?

A much anticipated iPhone. Which my amazing Hubby just ordered for the both of us (one each of course) so we will officially have cell phones in this country...really fun ones. And I may have already found a super awesome neon green cover to slip over this soon-to-be phone.
Do any of you iPhone lovers have favorite apps or tricks to recommend for yours truly?

Tomorrow, apparently Harald is planning on calling the car dealership to really get the wheels a rollin' as far as procuring our very own car...another first for the both of us in Norway!
It's crazy to think I've been here for three months already. Getting everyday business set up, like cars and phones just hammers in the reality of it all.  It's been three months since I've seen my family. Three months since I've been in Washington, in my native country. It's my little brother's 19th birthday today, and he's on the other side of the planet.

I know this expat business will get easier with time, if anything because of all those little normalizing factors that start to add up, that make you really at home in a new homeland...but it's still just weird and crazy sometimes. I've wanted to live in Europe since I can remember...probably at whatever age I started to grasp just what this continent was all about...then after my study abroad semesters were over, I was certain. Now, granted, until a few years ago, Scandinavia and Norway had not entered in the equation of possibly inhabitable countries, but they are still part of Europe...I finally met a personal practically lifelong goal of living in Europe...I just wish everyone weren't so far away.

Happy Birthday, Ian. You're the most amazing little brother that I could ever ask for. Be good, have a great day, and remember DON'T TAKE DRUGS. Just use the family whistle if you get in trouble.