Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh pinky, why have you forsaken me?

Thanks for all the support and suggestions on my last blog entry, readers. They are always received and appreciated.

I just got off the phone with my relative I've been concerned about as of late, and I feel much better having spoken to her. She seems to be incredibly relaxed and confident in her upcoming surgery, and encouraged me to freak out less, and pray for her on the day she is being operated on.
I do feel better, and less freaked out by the whole situation, but I wish I had her confidence and poise more often!

As for sleeping, it's a work in progress...I've been sleeping adequate hours this weekend, just not at great times, (re: 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.) and I still feel exhausted when I wake up. I've resolved to drag my butt out of bed every morning for my Weegie classes this week, so the first few days might be a little rough if my current sleeping habits trys to hold on to me, as my classes start at 8:30 a.m.
As long as I don't meet a nasty end while crossing the streets to get to my school, I think I can pull though being tired, and I'm hoping ultimately, that forcing myself to go to class, regardless of being tired, or sleep deprived might just help me forcefully reverse my wacky sleep patterns or lack thereof at times...

I've also managed to turn in the last of my assignments for my current grad class just in the last couple of hours, and I don't have another class that starts up until Tuesday so I have a whole day and some change to not worry about logging on to my classroom and homework deadlines. Sweet relief.
I'm also considering whether or not it would be prudent to drop all three of my endorsements that will propel my course into February of next year. Sure, they'll be fun and all, since they will be centered around the subject I will be teaching, but I've been realizing lately that be that as it may, the Weegies just don't really give a crap about extra subject endorsements and their teachers haven't an option like that to take even if they wanted to. In the States, having subject endorsements tacked on to your Education degree is a great pay bump, and extra insurance you'll only be teaching what you have chosen to, but since I don't think we'll ever live in the States again, let alone will I be teaching there, and these extra five months of endorsement classes will of course not be free either, maybe I should just cut them loose after all...
What say you?

The most thrilling thing to happen as of late? My brand new computer, the lovely pink laptop I was so excited to get and loved using...is totally dead. I've tried everything in my power, but it just keeps crashing. I've done complete system re installation of Windows 7 literally five times in the past month, and it just won't function for more than 48 hours at a time. I've just gotten off the phone with the Sony tech support folks (who were surprisingly knowledgeable and helpful for computer tech people) who promptly deduced that I have some issue with either my hard drive malfunctioning or an internal software component they will have to fix themselves...
The next step in operation fix my brand new computer so I can actually use it is to phone the Sony repair facility in Norway that's located in Oslo during their business hours tomorrow to see where I should send it, or if they can send someone to our house to fix it for me, like they do in the U.S. with Sony repair techs. Uff Da. I just bought this pretty little thing, and even though it's not something I've done to it, I feel totally horrible and cheated because there is just something not right with it. Maybe I'm just not allowed to have a fully functional computer, I really do have the worst luck with them and always have...let's just hope it's a hasty fix whatever the issue is, I don't like having to jack Harald's computer away to do homework any more than he enjoys me doing so...at least I have email and facebook on my iPhone!

Hopefully good news and less stressful times are around the corner for yours truly, and I'll report them just as soon as they actually occur...