Sunday, April 18, 2010

We heart toads.

I'm known by most to be a die-hard hippy, animal lover, bleeding heart, whatever title you give it. It's true for literally my whole life, if it's an animal, no matter how squishy or slithery it is, I have a place in my heart for it. I once heard a story about myself when I was only about 3-4 years old: in the Spring I was walking with my family, and kept falling behind, I also am and always have been a huge rock collector, so I think they just figured that was way I was squatting down on the pavement and picking at things...it turns out, after they asked me what I was doing I was simply responding to all the stranded worms on the wet asphalt by picking them up and flinging them back into the grass to save them.
Serious business here apparently. Always have been. Animals have never been scary and I'll always help...even if they're just little worms.

So this little story I found today? I made me smile, laugh, tear up a little and warmed my heart. As odd as it may be, it was comforting: maybe I moved to the right place after all...

Read the whole thing, folks, you won't be disappointed!

Tomorrow? Two open houses to attend. I'll appreciate any thoughts or prayers you send towards our way that these open houses will turn out better than the last two!