Thursday, May 13, 2010

Music oh yeah.

Tomorrow (technically today) is Kristihimmelfartsdag, a.k.a Ascension Day and since we're talking about Norway here which is a Christian country, my Husband has the day off work! All the shops are closed and I get to cuddle up to my awesome Hubby all day long. Hooray for no separation of Church and State!

So anyway, I promise I'm doing homework...kind of. But in the mean time here's a new tradition for my little corner of the blogging world: awesome songs and their respective music videos (that are hopefully just as awesome as the song itself) that I'm especially loving on and jamming out to at the moment.

Couldn't think of a better piece to start off my new tradition with than this. I give you "American Honey" by Lady Antebellum. Don't let the fact that it's country music through you off too much if country isn't usually your thang. Have an open mind, darlings!



"American Honey"
She grew up on a side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American honey

Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summertime
And American honey

Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Tryin' to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summertime
And American honey

Gone for so long now
I gotta get back to her somehow
To American honey

Ooh There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothin's sweeter than summertime
And American honey
And American honey

I can listen to this song on a loop, with a huge smile on my face and sing it at the top of my lungs indefinitely. It reminds me of my own childhood and life in the Midwest, and makes me think of my sister too, without fail. As corny as that sounds, I'm owning up to it!

Stay tuned!