Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My First Syttende Mai

Here we go, darling readers, as promised, a photo dump from Norway's National Day, "Syttende Mai" yesterday!



















































































































































































































































Even Santa showed up in the "People's Parade" in Haugesund! He was my favorite part. It was pretty much me, and then all the five year olds screaming; "SANTA!" I'm pretty sure he waved at me. Awesome.














And after the first parade, we watched the "Russ" kids, a.k.a. the high school seniors have their very own parade...it was, um, interesting. Fair warning, the video below is EXTREMELY loud. Be thankful you weren't there in person, my ears are still ringing.

A group of seniors dressed up as the Icelandic volcano, and the ash cloud that jacked up all of Europe:








Since a photo is worth a thousand words, I'll leave it at that. That's how the Weegies get down on their national day. The only things not really pictured are the mass consumption of hot dogs, and ice cream...and that's how they do.

p.s. - my biggest disappointment of the day? I DON'T OWN A BUNAD YET. And they rock! All the ladies, and especially the little children looked so amazing! Maybe I can get one for next year...start saving now, they are VERY pricey!