Tuesday, July 13, 2010

For a While...


A music post isn't cheating, right? That's a legitimate post, right?

That's right.

I admit, I suck at updating, especially with as much homework and as little sleep as I'm getting these days...but I find that mellow, amazing music can really carry me through, and totally bliss me out. I've mentioned how much I enjoy the great late Warren Zevon's final album "The Wind" before on facebook, and I'll just go ahead and repeat it here.

It's amazing.

I have it on my iPod and listen to it often. Granted it often makes me cry because it's so beautifully sad, I love it still. At the risk of sounding morbid (but not really in the grand scheme of my life), I think I'm putting this song on my "to be played at my funeral" list. Doesn't everyone have one of those?

Anyway, I watched a really great movie for the first time today called "Funny People" from the Apatow crew, and it had one of the best songs from Zevon's final endeavor built right into the story. So naturally, after the movie, I went and listened to it again, and thought that I should share this little gem with you all.

If you dig this song, please check out more of Warren Zevon's work. you won't be disappointed.

Keep Me In Your Heart 
Shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath
Keep me in your heart for awhile

If I leave you it doesn't mean I love you any less
Keep me in your heart for awhile

When you get up in the morning and you see that crazy sun
Keep me in your heart for awhile

There's a train leaving nightly called when all is said and done
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Sometimes when you're doing simple things
around the house
Maybe you'll think of me and smile

You know I'm tied to you like the buttons on
your blouse
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Hold me in your thoughts, take me to your dreams
Touch me as I fall into view
When the winter comes keep the fires lit
And I will be right next to you

Engine driver's headed north to Pleasant Stream
Keep me in your heart for awhile

These wheels keep turning but they're running out
of steam
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo
Keep me in your heart for awhile

Keep me in your heart for awhile


p.s. - What do you all think of the new look? I'm totally digging on it...