Thursday, July 1, 2010

Skudenesfestivalen!

Yup, that's right, yet another cluster of photos from a local festival that the Hubs and I attended today...what can I say? Every town in the area wants their share of summer fun!

This festival started today, and goes all weekend in "Norway's Summer Town" of Skudeneshavn, it's on an island accessible via bridge from near Haugesund...it's at the Southern point of the island, and has lovely old white wooden houses/buildings near the marina...





































































"the old bank" building





















































Aren't we a couple? LOL.
(This is a "Zoolander" face, on Harald, btw..."

































We bought some yummy candies by the wharf....


















This marshmallow strawberry was so good and chock full of sugar, it gave me a stomach ache! Worth it though...



















We were going to attend a concert this evening where Donkeyboy was playing, but the tickets were SO expensive, we just couldn't let go the grips on our wallets to go! No really, like we're talking about $100.00USD for them...as much as I like Donkeyboy, and seeing the next act, "Wigwam" would have been hilarious, I'm sure...it was just a little much.
Still, the drive out to that end of the island was lovely, all farm country by rocky beaches of the Northsea, and the town itself was really adorable and picturesque, as you might be able to tell from the photos...

Harald laughed at me too at two different points during the drive...I had to laugh at myself too, at my reaction to seeing more than one consecutive traffic light and before that, a drive-through window at a restaurant off the main highway on the island. I guess that's when you know that you're an American that's been in Western-semi-rural-Norway for a long consecutive time. It was pretty funny, not just my reaction, but the fact that looking back I really was surprised to see those things that are so ordinary and commonplace back in the States.

Really though, here in Norway, we tend to do just find without fast food and traffic lights everywhere, I suppose...