Monday, August 23, 2010

Hooray for Film Festivals.

Yesterday, the Hubs took me to see 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World' in Haugesund. It was the premier screening of the film here in Norway, so there was a red carpet event...literally, the director Edgar Wright (WHO IS AWESOME) and star Michael Cera came to introduce their film.


First of all, I must say that the movie totally rocked my world. My Husband even agree that it was "totally your kind of movie". It was. Loved. It. Even though I was conspicuously laughing loud and long before the rest of the audience had a chance to get through the Norwegian subtitles for the script. Benefit of being seemingly the only native speaker of English (aside from Michael Cera and Edgar Wright of course) in the small crowd? Yes.
I let my iPhone roll while the Norwegian interviewer talked to  Mr. Wright and Mr. Cera at the front of the cinema room. Pretty poor video quality I know, but you can hear what they say and see how adorable and rad they both are.


Here they are leaving the theatre room with their flowers they were so stoked over. Lol.


They totally waved at us.

It was super sweet.

Also, I may have asked for the six volume set of the original graphic novels from my AMAZING, PERFECT, GORGEOUS Husband as a graduation present. I know you'll come through, babe. ; )

Have you all seen, or had interest at all to see this movie yet? Obviously I recommend it.