Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 3...

Day 03 - The best book you've read in the last 12 months: 

 Well this day would have been difficult if I hadn't just finished this book about two hours ago:



No joke. I went from the last page, and we're talking the end of the story itself, followed by the interview with Gaiman, an essay of his, and the reading guide questions that followed without pause. Now I'm not going to pretend I'm (yet) his biggest fan and totally versed in the magical, demented land of Gaiman; I've only read this novel, Coraline (YEARS ago) and read/seen Mirrormask. But now, after devouring this meaty 600+ page treat, I am SO ready to tackle his other pieces. I've known from early on in my minuscule delvings into his work that Gaiman was my type of bloke, and this novel wriggled its' way to the top of my 'best book in the last 12 months' list in the blink of an eye.
Read it, folks. Read it, and love it.
Long live Gaiman.

Are any of you big fans? Have you read any of Gaiman's other pieces? What did you think?