Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back to the Books...

At long last, here is more to add to my 30-day book meme:

Day 10 - A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

This one, honestly folks I can not think of a single book that I started to read despite believing I would hate it, yet it changed my mind. I'm pretty set and comfortable in my literary tastes at this point, and if I don't think a book looks like it's for me, and I research about it a bit, still finding the same idea, I don't read it. Simple. I'm also, not to be judgmental towards other's tastes not a bestseller type girl, and with the exception of a few very trusted friends, I don't ever read books just because everyone else loves them.


Could any of you answer this question?



Day 11 - A book that disappointed you


Since I managed to slide out of Day 10 with my honesty intact, I decided I would actually answer a meme question for the day, and this one wasn't hard. I read this book earlier this year and was SO BUMMED.



Have any of you read this one?
I was super hopeful when I started this, it seemed like a great story topic, and I was excited to see what Stephen Fry on the page was like.

Yeah. Not as fun as I thought it would be.


It fact, it was terrible. Long-winded, full of itself and just plain not worth the read. Which really is unfortunate because the nature and root of the very transgressive main topic was totally something I could have gotten into. Alas, Mr. Fry, you proved to be the definition of poor-delivery on this one. Darn.