Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 14...and stuff.

So today, during my thrilling weekly four hours of "samfunnsfag" I found out that I'm doing the mid-level Norwegian exams in two weeks.
("samfunnsfag" is my required 50 hours total of a Norwegian social studies class, btw. Helpful info for all the asylum seekers and immigrants from third world countries, sure. For those of us from Europe and North America...we pretty much just do our homework in the background and wait it out, trying to stifle our boredom...curriculum for the day: why it's important to enroll your children in school when they reach the appropriate age. Yeah. Riveting.)
0-0
That was kind of what my facial expression looked like when I found out.
But I'm also being told not to worry about it, because the material is already below my current level...still though, that lifelong, die-hard perfectionism of mine is screaming "PANIC!". Pray for me on the first of November, folks. I'll take it. I think it's a day-long affair with a written and oral section. Eep.

Anyway...on to the fun stuff.

Day 14/30 - Favorite character in a book (of any sex or gender) 

 I'm gonna have to concede a tie between genders on this one, in order to ease my own conscience. I vote for Tyler Durden of Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club, and Lyra Belacqua of the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
Deadly combo right? A lonely insomniac with a sub-concious, glossed over pension for violence and chaos and one badass little girl who carries her soul around with her in the form of a ever-shifting animal presence. Word. 


What are some of yours?


p.s. -  I wore a proper slip under my dress today. I first of all can't believe I actually found a slip in the first place, but am surprised to find it's actually really comfortable and puts me at ease as the dress I'm wearing, though it has a super awesome paisley, hippy pattern, is also pretty damn sheer. My Grammy would be so proud right now. She was always pushing the slips, I remember not even being sure what one was and her lecturing me, my Sister and Mother on why we should always have one on under our dresses on the grounds that:  "ladies/nice Christian girls always wear slips". 
Check me out, Grammy: I'm one proper lady now. Slip and all.