Friday, October 1, 2010

It's been a week, let me tell you.

Sorry for the long delay in posting...almost a week! It's been a really stressful, really busy one for me, so blogging went by the wayside.

I wish I could tell you all that my licensing exam at the Weegie DMV went great yesterday, and I'm official and done with all the crazy prices and flaming hoops to jump through in order to have this chapter closed in my immigration extravaganza...but unfortunately, that is not the case.

I'd rather not extrapolate how and why I was failed on my drive the other day. Let's just say that the reasons given really were quite ridiculous and contradictory, and I'm very much not pleased.

Not just that I have to take the test again, but that I also have to wait until early December to test again being as there is literally only one DMV office in our entire area and it is constantly fully booked.

Life. Right?

After getting my self esteem dashed to the proverbial rocks, and crying because I felt like dunce of the year for not being able to pass a driving exam after being safely on the road and licensed in the States for nearly a decade now, I tried to relax and meditate a little. Remembering the God has a plan for me, even in the driver's license area. Even though I think I should have passed and that it's a pain to have to keep this show rolling, that I'll pass when I'm supposed to.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   - Jeremiah 29:11

That's a hard one for adults to remember, I think. We're so used to running our own lives and having all the luxuries of the 21st century to boot in order for everything to run smoothly as we want it to. But accepting that we're not always the ones in control, can really help take some of the stress off of your back.

So, despite constant feelings of inadequacy, today I'm treating my exhausted, stressed body to sleeping in late, a lovely face mask treatment, a nice long hot shower, a bit of yoga, and maybe even starting a new book.
..........you know, in addition to my usual regiment of laundry, cooking for the Hubs, and all that.

I'll bring the book meme back out tomorrow, but just wanted to assure you all that I'm in fact not dead nor dying. I'll make it.