Monday, October 4, 2010

This one is for the puppies.

As most of you know at this point, the Hubs and I have two puppies that believe they are real human children and who we spoil rotten and love dearly. Thus. They also merit their own birthday post.

Happy Birthday, Daisy Mae! 
Our 'baby' is two years old now...no more puppies in the house! :(

Her first day home : the puppy belly! I DIE.

Her first snow. Love at first sight.

Our gorgeous girl.
She might be the naughtiest, loudest dog in all of Scandinavia, but she's ours. We wouldn't change that for the world. She enjoyed her birthday treat: two bacon-beef karbonader(small hamburger type patties) all to herself (no sharing with her brother even! she couldn't believe it at first!), and is now snoozing in her favorite chair for the evening. Our baby girl.

I'm also dedicating this post to my family's dog: Jazz. He is the smelliest, grumpiest 17.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier you will ever meet. That wasn't a typo. He turned SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD in March this year.
And this evening, Washington time, my Mom and Stepdad will be taking him to the animal hospital to meet his maker, and go to rest in doggy heaven.
He's been doing really badly the past couple of months. He can't barely see, runs into things and falls over, can't make it up or down steps and has giant wart-type sores on his back. Poor Jazzy. I know this is the best thing for him. But I can't help but feel a little heartbroken about not being able to be there at the end for him.
Mom is going to bury him with his favorite doggy bed out near my Stepdad's previous dog, and my beloved horse that died four years ago.
Rest in peace, Jazz. We'll always love you and your snarl.