Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Saturday In Photos...

It's been a while since I've done something on a Saturday that was worth posting about...but here we go!



We stopped by the little mall up the road from our house, and pulled in the parking lot as a helicopter was landing at the other end. It was carrying...get ready...SANTA. I am for serious not making this up. Santa Claus got out with two elves and they headed into the mall where he did his thing. The big guy travels in style here. (I couldn't get a photo of the helicopter in time, I was mostly just open-mouthed and shocked as it was the closest I had ever seen one before. Plus it was carrying Santa. You don't get more rad than that.)




After putting in a good word with S.C., we accompanied the Husband's little cousins, Uncle and Grandparents to a traditional Norwegian children's play at the community center...




It was hard to get a good photo with my humble iPhone, but you get the idea. It was pretty adorable, the theatre full of kids were going crazy, and I was able to understand what was going on. Win.
















After the play got out, we went into downtown Haugesund for the Christmas market. It was pretty little, but the tree was huge and neat, and there were all kinds of neat stuff...




Including the "model train club"'s display of "Christmas elf town*"         (*rough translation there...)








We rolled on home and I made a huge tray of my killer, signature nachoes...


And the plans for the rest of the evening:








Also, some of us were planning on relaxing. (She always lays like this! I love it.)

Tomorrow we're planning on heading up to Skånevik to see the Hub's father's side of the family. It's a pretty little town, and they might still have some snow! Ours melted all away, but we're hoping for a white Christmas no matter what!

So how about a 'Sunday in photos' as well, to make up for me dropping the ball on the song of the week?

Sure thing!