Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 26...damn ending!

Day 26 - OMG WTF? OR most irritating/awful/annoying book ending

Ok, I've been waiting to answer this one! I just read this last fall, and I loved the story, but the ending really did disappoint me. Not because it was poorly written or executed, but just because, for once, I was really counting on a happy ending...and got screwed out of it in the worst way. I love fairy tale retellings and that type of genre, so I did generally enjoy this book, but damn that ending.


Have any of you read this? Had similar reactions?

p.s. - I read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" last night. Also disappointed. I'm a diehard anti-Austen reader (just never have been able to tolerate her work) and was hoping for some kind of  zombie virus-related retribution in this humor/horror spin...not so much. Aside from a couple of choice gross and zombie-fun passages, this was pretty much the same book. Bummer.