Saturday, January 15, 2011

A day late and...um...27?

I know my track record for this whole 'song of the week' thing isn't great...but hey, a day late is better than never...right?

Here it is, one I've been waiting to use up, and I was jamming out to all this last week!




How's that for a song of the week?

And winding down the reading meme, here's day 27:

Day 27 - If a book contains ______, you will always read it (and a book or books that contain it)!

 I used to be the kind of fad reader that would devour anything surrounding a certain topic, but not so much anymore. I get on research kicks still, randomly for topics and have to read up on them until I feel satisfied, but I've always done that...
Yes, I was that kid that pleaded for summer reading lists from her teachers...from like 3rd grade until my bachelor's years at college. Geek, guilty and sentenced. Right here.
So anyway, some of the topics I guess I was really into at certain point in jr. high and high school were, in no specific order or importance level:
- drug abuse (as in memoirs of users)
- paganism
- fairy tales retold/new spins on fairy tales (I still admittedly LOVE this genre.)
- dysfunctional families
- funerary industry, death and grief memorabilia trends (yes, I was goth-y like that...and still actively collect postmortem portraits and rad antique photos.)
- circus freaks, birth defects and the old American sideshow counterculture


That's pretty much what I can think of at the moment...a very, admittedly bizarre list, but all true. 


We specialize in honesty here at LIO, clearly. ;)