Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Run Down...

So now that the Holidays have officially ran down and life is getting back to normal again, I think we're all adjusting to 2011 in our own ways...

I started up my Weegie classes on Monday, and with diligence on my part (in the form of dragging my bum out of bed to got to school every morning) I should be 100% done with my 300-hour requirement by the end of the month.

And that feels so GOOD.

I've been hoping and praying for a nice job to come through for me soon, so that there won't be much if any time between my class requirements and starting work. The fact that I haven't worked in well over a calendar year is all at once, sad, bizarre and wrong. I've had jobs and been working (at least summer jobs) since I was 16 years old.

Not cool.

*

Anyway, other than Weegie class, and the job hunt, I've been plowing through "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket and am on the 8th book just now. Each book is approximately 200-350 pages, but as they are for "ages 10 and up" the writing style reads super easy for me, despite how charming and fun the story is.
Those poor Baudelaires.
Have any of you all read them before?

After I'm finished with this series, and hopefully still this month of January, I've decided to finally read my Hubby's graduation present to me when I finished my Master's degree in 2010: the Scott Pilgrim series.

I just realized too, that I never finished the book meme that I started last year, so starting tomorrow I'll try and get it finally rolled out!

*

My Husband is -as I write- heading out to buy our first ever major-appliance...tonight we're getting our own washing machine! As we've always lived in rented homes (that had appliances already for us), or with family, we've never bought or owned our very own! So even though buying our car here last year was fun and exciting, this is pretty special too!

So right now, the loud furry creatures that we own and myself are hanging out waiting for the Hubs, my FIL and our new machine to roll up the driveway...

And in case you've never seen/personally been acquainted with a Scottish terrier like ours that's waiting for her 'daddy' to come home, it can sometimes look like this:

Mom, check it out: my jammies that you sent for Christmas!

So apparently I am a pretty comfortable recliner as well...maybe I should put that on my resume...
(I was just sitting on the couch watching some DVD's, and was suddenly employed as furniture. Now who owns who?)