Monday, March 28, 2011

Mr. Lipton would approve...maybe.


Hey LIO readers, thought this would be fun to share, it's the notorious questionnaire that James Lipton gives to all the actors and actresses that come through on The Actor's Studio. Originating from the Proust Survey, then articulated by Bernard Pivot. Anyway, I guess it's supposed to reveal something or another about people and their creative process or what not...

So why not pass it around the blogosphere?

And it's a little weird, for that matter. In my opinion.

So fill it out yourselves, fellow bloggers and readers...post it on your Facebook, your blog, or what you will...

Here we go!:

What is your favorite word?
I LOVE the written word, and reading, so this one is difficult. At this moment, my favorite word is: cacophony or ethereal

What is your least favorite word?
Squat. Or "Guess-timate".

What turns you on? (What are you into?)
Um, we're gonna go with a non-sexual answer on this one (and the next for that matter, thus I added the parenthesis to the original question.). I would say my family/loved ones, reading, crowded tiny bookstores, a good cup of tea, nature/wildlife documentaries...among other things of course.

What turns you off? (What bothers you?)
I would have to say cruelty(especially against animals), ignorance, intolerance, and just hatred in general.

What sound or noise do you love?
My favorite sound probably ever, is the sound of bird's wings beating. Honestly, something about it, I just love. Which is a bit amazing and a little funny being as my Mother is and has always been extremely ornithophobic, that is, TERRIFIED of birds.

What sound or noise do you hate?
I've mentioned this before, and it is specific, I realize, but the noise that literally makes me want to run, screaming into the night is: the sound of cotton fibers rubbing together. For example, if you use a dry paper towel to wipe off something you spilled on your clothing. Just figuring out a proper example of this, and typing it made me over-salivate, like ones does before vomiting. *SHUDDER*. Also, the sound of animals crying. Not like when your dog is begging and whining for dinner. When an animal is properly, truly crying out in pain.

What is your favorite curse word?
I'm a classic type girl, I guess. We'll go with the F-bomb. Sorry, Mom!


What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A midwife. I think I would just love to bring babies into the world every day.
Also maybe a wedding planner. I understand that it is obviously a SUPER stressful job, but just the idea of having your career be giving people the most beautiful day of their lives, the day that they will be the most in love in probably their whole lives? I'm in.

What profession would you not like to do?
Aside from obvious type answers like garbage collectors and what not, I would say: law enforcement officers. This is not because I don't respect these men and women, I do, very much. I obviously know that their presence is necessary, but I couldn't do it, I would just be too scared about hurting/killing someone during an arrest, or dying in the line of duty and leaving my family behind.
I could now also mention that this is probably why my dreams of being an FBI agent ended with fanaticism in The X-Files and Silence of the Lambs.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I feel like you just CANNOT not be cheesy when answering this one! I don't know, I suppose something like: "Welcome home" maybe.

That is a weird one, isn't it? What did you come up with?