Sunday, May 8, 2011

This one is for the Mommas...


That's right, a post dedicated to all the amazing mothers out there. It's Mother's Day in the U.S. (and Canada too, I believe) and I just wish I could be there in person to tell my Mom what she really means to me...

She's also notoriously hard to get a photo of...this is her and my little brother at our wedding...

I know I'm not a mom myself yet, (Re: a mom to human children, that is. If you ask the two dogs though, they would have another idea, I'm sure!) but I know that when the Hubs and I start our own family I will have the best model for motherhood I could ever ask for.

My Mom was, and still is always there for myself and my two siblings. My biological father split pretty early in the picture and my Mom stepped up and played mom and dad for us all growing up. Even though she was a single Mom, we never went without, or knew about tight finances. She worked part time, but always made the time to volunteer for EVERYTHING at our private school, chauffeur us around no matter the weather conditions, had us at Sunday School/church every Sunday and read/sang us to sleep every night.
She also, has always had an immaculate-looking house, hand-sewed all of our Halloween costumes every year, and is an AMAZING cook/baker.

My Mom is amazing.
I can only hope and pray that someday I can be as loving, awesome, and selfless as she has always been for her children.

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy! I love you.

I was also amazingly lucky enough to grow up having a second, honorary mom in my life when I was little. My Mom's only sibling, her sister lived around the corner from our house for a few years, and even after she moved away, she still was always there for us. Supporting us, spoiling us in a big way, and loving us like we were her very own. It's from her that I get my love/obsession of small dogs, bargain hunting, and my family's home-state of Nebraska. She's hilarious and has a great laugh. She tells the best stories, and even drove us safely though an active tornado zone once...now that's a story!
She really has always been like another mother to me.

And a golfer too? You betcha.

So Happy Mother's Day to you too, Aunt Krista. You deserve it. Thank you for always being there for me in a big way. I love you.

So don't forget, all you North American residents, to tell your moms/mother figures how much they mean to you today. Every day should be Mother's Day.

I love you ladies! Happy Mother's Day!