Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A neat find...


So, as I'm sure you're all aware of by now, I'm a self-professed, lifelong bookworm extraordinaire.

And even though I've only read one whole book in Norwegian at this point, I found something kind of neat at the newstand yesterday:



It's a literary magazine that's called "the book friend". I haven't started reading it yet, but have gathered that it comes out quarterly...I think.
Anyway, sure it's got a piece by that indie cutie pie Michael Cera in it, but even more exciting is that it's got an interview with Miranda July (<3) and a piece about Herman Melville too.
Plus just the realization that there's an actual legit literary magazine floating around here in Norway totally had me stoked. That I guess was the most exciting part really.

Have any of my Weegie readers checked this out yet?

Weegie or not, are there any literary type magazines that you all are into?

(edit: I've started to read it now, and ordered a subscription! I'm moving up in the Weegie society...two different printed subscriptions now!)