Monday, June 27, 2011

Plane rides and vacations...


Well after four straight days of 7+ hour shifts at the bar, I am home again!
For an entire month actually, which I'm not super jazzed about.
For whatever reason (apparently, historically slow Julys) the bar/restaurant where I am employed closes down for the entire month of July, then reopens again just in time to be swamped by the annual jazz festival in early August.

So like it or not, I'm off from now until then. Yes, time off will be nice. But I've always been the kid that after a week of summer vacation (2 weeks tops) I was bored and asking if I could go back to school yet. I'd just much rather be out working and bringing home some bacon than having the whole month off!

Especially since the Hubs and I are knee-deep in open houses, and application forms to find our own place.
We're actually heading out to two more open houses tonight, and hoping for the best!

But even more exciting than house hunting, is what we finally did/purchased last night...

TICKETS TO SEATTLE FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!

Yes, we officially booked our dates to be in Washington with my family for the holidays...and I am so excited! It's really real now! So I'll send out another reminder when it gets closer, but to all my real-life Pacific Northwestern homies, the Hubs and I will be back in town from December 15, 2011 - January 4, 2012.

I can't wait to see my family and loved ones again...it's been way too long! Plus my extended family (to whom I'm really close with) is coming up to Washington for the holidays too, so it will be a big fat family Christmas for this lady this year. The Hubs and I are going to stuff our selves with awesome food, and stuff our suitcases with new things to take home to Norway too, I'm sure!

Anyway, after all that exciting news, how about an amazing a song of the week!



I jam Adele all the time in the bar, so this song especially gets stuck in my head! Until just now though, I don't think I had ever seen the music video...interesting, isn't it? Great choreography, but the story had me a little confused...

Anyway, have a beautiful week, everyone!