Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm a thief...kind of.


Well, since the Hubs is away until Friday morning (on business in Taiwan), and I'm working my usual full-time hours at the bar, plus on single-puppy-parent duty, I haven't been making a whole lot of time to blog...obviously!

I will say though, that the new church I went to on last Sunday evening was GREAT. People were really friendly, actually spoke to me and showed interest in who I am (wonder of wonders at a Norwegian church!) and I'm definitely heading back this week.
It's a different style of worship service than I'm used to or grew up with in the States. But there is such a wonderful, loving feeling of fellowship among everyone, and I could tell that everyone who was present really has a love for the Lord and wanted to be there! That might sound redundant for a church service, but it really isn't something that's a given at every service in every church! And unfortunately is NOT something that I've felt since attending services here in Norway.
The Hubs will be able to join me this coming week, so we'll see what he thinks...

Anyway, I thought since I haven't been around much this week yet, I would just borrow a little fill-in-the-blanks thingy from my lovely twitter husband Sam! <3

1.   My favorite color is  green! I also get down with pink, mustard-yellow and gray. Though if we're being honest, I mostly wear black-gray-white almost exclusively...but I've been integrating color into my wardrobe more and more lately!

2.  My travel destination of choice is  somewhere with family. :) I LOVE to travel and go to places I've never been, but since I haven't been able to be around my family for WAY too long now, at this very moment, I would be over to moon just to head back to Nebraska, Illinois or Washington...my three 'hometowns', and favorite people are there!

3.  My favorite  food is ...this is a hard one! I don't know if I have an absolute favorite, but I do love: sushi, Vietnamese food, Thai food, almost all fruit&veg, peanut butter, pasta, and curry.

4.  My happy place will be my new house once we move in!...less than three weeks now! :D

5.  My favorite saying is    probably just replying with; "Word.",  or maybe "Let go and let God".

6.  My dirty little secret is  that even though I don't watch television and am mid-debate with the Hubs on whether or not to even have broadcast television at the new house (I'm anti!), I LOVE a select few trashy reality shows and download/watch them weekly!

7.  Something friends might say about me is that I ...I don't know! Hopefully, if they were friends they wouldn't say anything too nasty! ;) At work I've been dubbed as everyone's 'American Mom'. So maybe that I'm protective and nurturing? That's so cheesy, LOL!