Thursday, November 17, 2011

3 days, yo.


"Three days? What ever could that mean?" you might be asking yourself...

Well my darlings, that's how many more days at the bar where I work that I have left...

Not before we vacation to the States, not before a long weekend or anything like that. I mean at all.

I just received word earlier this week that my bar has been sold. It's a little weird because it's the basement level of an entire building that WAS all the same restaurant company. Now just that level will be something entirely different, while the restaurant and party rooms upstairs will remain unchanged.

I also, will not be hired on by the new owners, as they understandably are just starting out and don't have that kind of capital to throw around.

So after this coming Saturday, I am essentially jobless.

During the Christmas party season (which is a HUGE deal here in Norway) I'll be on call for extra help, and will most likely pick up a few shifts, but then after the Hubs and I come back from the States in January, that's all she wrote.

Now at first, I was understandably freaked out.

Who isn't when they suddenly get their income source ripped out from underneath them?!

But I feel like, in the last 48-odd hours, I've reached a new place of more clarity and peace about the situation.

It's no secret that while I love the people I work with, and interacting with my customers, that the work of bartending itself is NOT my dream job.
Very far from it, in fact. I DO afterall, have a masters degree in secondary education...so teaching is my dream career...

Quite different from slinging drinks into the wee hours every weekend.

So anyway, there's something that I've been curious about and kind of into as an idea for more than a year now. And in the past couple of days especially, I feel like this sudden loss of job (that I wasn't into anyway) has more or less been God's way of kicking my butt into gear for something better!

Just like the old saying goes; "God never closes one door without opening another."

So on the first of December I have a super exciting initial interview here at my home. That's all I'll say for just now as far as what this might be...my parents have been told, and they were admittedly a little shocked and curious about my decision themselves...

How's that for a teaser? :P

So. I'm working tonight, Friday and Saturday. Three more certain, scheduled shifts at the bar. And that's it.

The Hubs and I are leaving for our vacation in the States in exactly 27-days now. And I couldn't be more excited. And right before we leave, I'll have what I'm hoping and praying will be an amazing experience offered to me.

So honestly, I'm alright. After my initial and trademarked freak-out/stress-monster time, I  feel a lot better about the situation...also, this last Sunday the testimony/sermon topic was eerie for me.
As in, it was all about how the Lord delights in turning our world upside-down now and again, to get us on the path he knows is the right one for us.

Crazy coincidence, right?

Or not. :)

Stressful or not, there really is a time to let go, and let God, folks. And that time is now, for me.

So I will of course keep you all updated, but would appreciate prayers and lovely thoughts my way considering the nature of my uncertain situation.

The Lord didn't bring me all this way to leave me now! I know that in my heart. So everything is going to be alright in the end. It will play out just the way He wants it to. The way it should.

*

Oh!

And finally, how about a little recap of my thankful statements after the first initial week?

Day 5: Today I'm thankful for the amazing ladies that raised me right. Mommy, Aunt Krista and Grammy, I'm looking your way! Love you!
Day 6: Today I'm thankful for the people that have loved me like their very own for over a decade now. Dodens, you ARE all my family. I love you all.
Day 7: Today I'm thankful for our beautiful home. It really is my dream come true.

Day 8: Today I'm thankful for my furry babies. Sometimes they're naughty, but I don't know what I would do without them in my life. Love you, puppies!
Day 9: Today I'm thankful for church cookbooks and that AMAZING recipes those church ladies share with the world! Banana bread, y'all!
Day 10: Today I'm thankful that my Husband got safe from his little business trip.
Day 11: Today I'm so thankful for a SUPER productive day at our amazing home. Capped off with church later tonight. Lovely.:D
Day 12: Today I'm thankful for a mellow quiet time at the end of the day. Comfy, clean bed, new book,camomile tea, and my sleeping family curled up next to me.

Day 13: Today I'm thankful for our lovely woodstove. It hasn't gotten above 0c all day here! Brrr!
Day 14: Today I'm thankful we have snow tires on our car...snow is on the forecast, and roads are frosty today!
Day 15: Today I'm thankful for pink lady apples. ROCK MY WORLD. Yum.
Day 16: Today I'm thankful for tea. That's it. Delicious, amazing tea. 

Today:  I'm thankful for the two most amazing siblings in the world. Alex, Ian, I love you more than the dip. And I know who the winner is.  ;)