Friday, November 4, 2011

Whoa, where have you been?


Well darling readers, I DID make a sweet video earlier today to share with you all, but apparently it's a HUGE file and it's subsequently taking forever to upload. Poop.

I will post it as soon as it's ready, so get fired up! :D

But in the mean time, and since I've been back online at the house for a while now, I thought I would go ahead and have a return of a little Faith Friday action today.

In the US, November is a big month for family. As most of you around the world probably are aware, the American holiday of Thanksgiving is a pretty big deal for most families in the States. Above all it really is just a time to be thankful to the Lord for your blessings, and take time to share them with your family members.

So on facebook and various other social media outlets, lots of Americans are taking part in a sort of challenge where they use the month of November to express what they are really thankful for. 30-days in the month, so thirty different statements of thanks.

Now of course not all of these individuals are Christians nor motivated to do this thankfulness challenge for religious reasons, but personally, I can't think of being thankful or grateful without thinking of the Lord, because it's by His grace that we all are blessed!

Bless, give thanks, and gratefully praise God in full congregations, even the Lord, O you who are from [Jacob] the fountain of Israel. Psalm 68: 26

So I would encourage you all, regardless of nationality, to take time this month to be thankful for something (or someone!) different everyday...taking time to count your blessings is so amazing, and reminds you of what you have, instead of what you're lacking...

Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High.
Psalm 50:14

So I've been tweeting my thankful statements (which are displayed with all my other tweets, down on the left sidebar of my page here...) but thought I would recap them just now, and do so at the end of every week...

For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with thanksgiving. 1 Timothy 4: 4

If you're taking part in the '30-days of thanks' type challenge, please post your statements or a link to them here on the comments section of the blog, I'd love to see what you all are thankful for!

Then we Your people, the sheep of Your pasture, will give You thanks forever; we will show forth and publish Your praise from generation to generation. Psalm 79: 13

I missed the first day unfortunately, but here are my statements of thanks so far:

Day 2 : today I'm thankful for the potential for new and better opportunities and the motivation to grab them!
Day 3: today I'm thankful for my amazing Husband that loves me no matter what and puts up with me everyday with a smile. <3
Day 4: today I'm thankful for the amazing girls in my life that support me and I have the privilege of calling my friends. You all know who you are. I love you.

O give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known His doings among the peoples!
1 Chronicles 16: 8
 
Anyway, stay tuned for the video that I promised...it's taking forever to upload, but at least I filmed it before the rain started, right?
 
Have an amazing weekend, everyone!