Friday, December 2, 2011

He's got panic in the bag too.


A little Faith Friday action?

Why not!

I was just thinking today about our up-coming flight to the States. As most of you all know by now, the Hubs and I are flying to Seattle (in 12-days!) to spend Christmas/New Year's with my family. Also, I am terrified of flying.

And I have been for as long as I can remember.

While a plane is cruising smoothly, I do alright. Take-off and landing, and any signs of turbulence, and I am a WRECK. As is stifling screams, crying, hyperventilating, and in total panic in general.

So while I'm looking forward to seeing my family and Seattle SO MUCH, I am starting to get SUPER nervous about the process of getting there and home again. It's a whole day of traveling too, thus for me, nearly a whole day of FREAKING OUT.

So I'm trying to start to calm myself down already, and really just prepare for our travel days...including of course packing our luggage, shutting our house up for 3-weeks(the Hub's family will be dropping by to check on it while we're gone), and (heartbreakingly) packing up the dogs for their own little vacation to stay with the Hub's family while we're away...

I really do believe that solace, advice and guidance for any situation can be found in the Bible.

So while beginning to physically prepare for our journey, mentally and spiritually preparing is just as necessary.

Do you all have any recommended verses/passages for anxiety or worry?

So far, I'm just hitting up Psalm 121. It's really great in general, but also in this case especially, I think...


Psalm 121

1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
 2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
 3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
 4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
 5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
 6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
 7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
 8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.


What do you all think?

It's a pretty short Psalm as Psalms go, but quality, I think.

And what I just realized, which I really think brings it home that I found a great passage to refer to, is that one of the antique needlepoint pieces that we have framed and in our living room, has passages from this very Psalm on it!

Hope you all can make it our sort of! It's verses 7-8 of the Psalm. (Also: iphone reflection, what?)

Crazy, huh?

Well I know what I'll be reading over when we're traveling in a couple weeks.

Any other suggestions?

Have amazing, blessed weekends, everyone!