Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A few days early...


So I was thinking I would share some news with you all in a way that's sort of reminiscent of the Faith Friday posts I've done in the past...just a few days early.


So when the bar I had been working at unexpectedly closed down this last November, as you all might remember, the Hubs and I were a little blind-sided.
We had just moved into our new home, which we were only able to afford because we were a two-income family, and had decided to start trying to conceive a baby because we felt so suddenly secure and grown-up with our lives. We also were stoked and ready to take our much-anticipated, already-paid-for holiday vacation to the States.

Then suddenly I'm jobless, literally overnight, and just a week after my final shift, we get the positive results from home pregnancy tests.

Needless to say, despite how amazingly excited and blessed we felt when we found out we were expecting, the Hubs and I were truly concerned about what we would do when we came back from the States and my income would be absent...

Norway has incredible government regulated benefits for pregnant women and new mothers, but to reap the best possible benefits, mommies-to-be also need to be working 6/10 months of their pregnancy.
When I stopped working, I only had racked up half of that.

So as soon as we got home from the States this month, I hit the job trail.
Checked listings everywhere, but was very underwhelmed with what I was finding, and felt kind of sleazy about trying to wriggle my way into whatever job I could get before I was showing in my pregnancy, just so I could work for a few months before my maternity leave kicked in.

But last week, the Lord provided for us in a big, unexpected way...

The amazing company that the Hubs works for offered me a position: filling in for a woman who is actually on her maternity leave right now and will be coming back exactly when I would need to stop working myself anyway.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
- Jeremiah 29:11

Not only did the Hub's boss think of me when it became apparent that a little temporary help would be needed around the place, but insisted that he did not want our little growing family to be struggling if he could help us out.
He knows that even though I've never done this kind of exact office work before, I'm an educated lady and would work hard for them, and told the Hubs he really wanted to have me start working as soon as possible so I could get enough time under my belt to get my full benefits.

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:19

So I met with this gentlemen and the head of personnel last week, and my first day is tomorrow.

I'll be driving into work with the Hubs and his carpool group. We'll be working on different ends of the same building, so we can even eat lunch together. It will be full time hours, 5-days a week.

Last week when I found out that I was being offered a job, I literally couldn't believe my ears.
Among my daily prayers, since I found out about the ruin of my last job, I've been asking the Lord to guide me to another job soon that I could manage for just a little while.

Having absolute faith in God isn't always easy, folks. 
 
We are only human, after all. And He knows that!
But we're fearfully and wonderfully made in God's own image and trying our best to have faith in the wisdom and timing of the Lord is absolutely crucial to faith in Christ Jesus. 
There's a saying I've really grown to love lately, that I think is something to remember, especially when you might feel frustrated or even tested while waiting on the Lord for something you might think is absolutely crucial in your life...

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

I had been getting really stressed out about my jobless situation. Worried that my not working now, and especially after the baby comes could really end up meaning the worst for my little family.

That little saying above immediately popped into my head when I found out this job offer was in earnest, and realized what it could mean for us.

Not only does the Lord always know best, and delight in providing miracles and blessings we weren't expecting, but He hears our prayers. And for me, I feel like He always ends up humbling me.

Just when I was beginning to lose hope, pouring over my daily Bible devotions to find comfort or encouragement, and hiding frustrated tears from my Husband (so as not to stress him out more), God provided.

He knows best, my darling readers. Always. Period.

So I just wanted to share the amazing news/situation that we've come into so quickly, and then of course link it to a Faith Friday type post. 
Linking daily life and occurrences to my faith is really important to me. 
And I know I'm not the only one. 
I just figure; God is always present, in every possible aspect of life. Encouraging reflection and acknowledgement of that is something I want to be able to do and if possible, provide to others.

And that's the scoop, folks. 

As of tomorrow, I am a very blessed, amazed, working mama-to-be.

I'm admittedly a little nervous about the work. 
I just hope my Norwegian will be good enough to communicate with my co-workers and do my job properly. 
That everyone will like me, and no one will hold it against me that I was offered this little job because of my pregnancy situation, and who my Husband is.
 
I'll be waking up bright and early tomorrow, packing my lunch, and heading out...I'm trying to figure out what to wear, what bag to pack...
It's like the first day of school or something! ;)

So here's that hoping for the best scenario possible. Having faith in my Jesus, and helping my growing family when we really need it.

God is so good, y'all.

Have a beautiful week. <3