Friday, February 3, 2012

Awards and Love.



Well first of all, I have a little super awesome housekeeping to do. :)

My darling girl, Melanie decided to pass along a versatile blogger award to yours truly. Thank you so much, Mel! <3
There are terms of me accepting and flaunting this award, so here it goes...



RULES
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share seven completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
 
Kelli at Mads&Kelli

And here are my 7 random things...
1. Even when I'm freezing cold, I CANNOT sleep with socks on.
2. I get car/motion sickness. :(
3. I've been a vegetarian since I was 13 years old. (So, going on 14-years now) I dabble in veganism ;)
4. I'm only truly terrified of one thing...clowns. Seriously. Don't judge me.
5. My Husband and I have 3-different anniversaries. He usually remembers all of them ;)
6. My favorite sports to watch are baseball and basketball.
7. I have always had a super gross/weird phobia of belly buttons, but used to have both the top and bottom half of mine pierced...at the same time.

So how's that for random?

*

A couple of days ago, I wanted to post about a neat little love-challenge that I read about (somewhere I can't actually recall exactly) for February...then you know, with being pregnant, working full-time and thus exhausted when I'm not at work...it kind of slipped by me the past couple days.

Anyway, the Hubs and I are doing this love-challenge from February 1-14. The challenge is; you write your sweetie a little love note, every day, saying something that you love about them, or that made you fall in love with them.
Just one little sentence, a different reason/statement to remind your special someone how much you love them. Every day, for two weeks, ending on Valentine's Day.

I'm not someone that's real into Valentine's Day. The Hubs and I don't usually do anything exciting. There might be some flowers or a tiny gift given, but that's about it.
But we're having fun so far with this challenge; hiding each other's daily notes at home, or even in our respective offices at work! Finding the little scrap of paper with those amazing words on it, has been the best part of my day for the past few days. :)

Anyway, I just think that no matter what your personal opinion on Valentine's Day is, this is a great, easy, sweet and free way to celebrate your love!

So I won't be sharing the actual notes passed between the Hubs and myself...somethings we do keep personal for ourselves after all!
But I do encourage all of you out there with a special someone to challenge yourself...it's not too late to start this one, just jump on board as soon as you can, and spread the love. <3

Let me know if you're participating in, or will start participating in this little challenge, and most of all, have an amazing weekend, folks!