Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Easter post...


Well darlings, it's almost Easter, so I just wanted to pop in with another set of pics showing off the other two AWESOME care packages the Hubs and I got from the States...

From my sweet grandparents, we got what MAKES Easter for me, every year...

Chocolate from Lagomarcino's, which is a legendary, totally amazing chocolatiers that has been around my hometown in the Midwest for over 100years!

The usual stuffed 'Lago egg' peeking out of its' festive little box, plus this year we got a BIG chocolate bunny, and a mini-bunny too, with a gift tag that said: "To Baby B." How flippin' cute is that?!


So those Easter gems came all the way from Illinois, my homestate. :)

A couple of days afterwards, we got an Easter care package from my parents in Washington...this one knocked my socks off...

It's my childhood Easter basket: a hand-painted wooden bunny goodie basket (with my name on it even!), and as you can see, it's stuffed past the brim with American candies!

The peeps did NOT fit in the basket whatsoever...since my Mom sent two full packs! They are my favorite after all. Mama knows best. ;)

GAH, DISNEY DIAMOND EDITIONS + DESPICABLE ME. I definitely squealed aloud over these stuffed into the box. My Mom is like my Disney dealer, LOL! When classics come out of the vault, she'll pick them up for me and send them our way. I'm SO thankful for that!

There were even a handful of maternity t-shirts, a blouse and a dress stuck in there...it was REALLY nice to see these, my belly is entering the large and in charge territory and I've definitely outgrown all my dresses in the midsection, and lots of my shirts are suddenly WAY too short!


My family always pulls through in a big way with the care packages...a totally unnecessary way, really!
They never fail to surprise and really delight us with every little thing they send our way...with as much as the Hubs and I love getting Stateside mail, I can only imagine the excitement that will bubble up around here in a few years time; after our baby girl is old enough to also get amped over goodies from her grandparents, aunties, uncles, great-grandparents and everyone else that we're lucky enough to know and love...

So thanks again, amazing family of mine. You guys make my days. Easy. We love you all and miss you in our daily lives, every single day.

*

So now I'm off to try and get the Hubs from up from bed...yup, he's still in there, as we played host to a "Dude's Night" last night here at our house. The Hubs was up SUPER late playing video games, strategy board games (like his favorite: Risk), and snacking with his two brothers and some buddies up in our Man Cave/play room...I'm just glad they all had a good time. :)

And I guess tomorrow the Hubs, the pups, and of course myself (& the little one in tow, bumpside) will head over to my in-laws house for Easter dinner.
Even though I'm not personally going to partake in the standard Easter lamb roast that the Weegies go wild over, it will still be nice to visit with some family for the Holiday...
Our church's Easter service got post-poned until Monday since most Weegies vacation for Easter and are out of town/country on the actual day, so other than family dinner, the Hubs and I will just be around the house...

So Happy Easter, everyone. :)
Chocolate bunnies, marshmallow chicks and movies are great and all, but try not to forget the reason for all the treats and vacation time...

(credit)
Jesus loves and loved you so much, that he sacrificed himself to give us all eternal life and salvation with Him and our Heavenly Father!

He is Risen, Hallelujah!