Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting something off my chest...


I need to say a little something, my darling readers...so bear with me, please.

Recently I have had a few comments left on different blog posts that either attack my personal religious beliefs in general, or even attempt to educate me on why I’m wrong for having them.
I don’t know if these are being made by different people, or all by the same reader, since this person(s) also chooses to remain anonymous.
I don’t believe in smearing strangers in general (unlike some people), and especially not because of their personal belief structure so I’m not addressing this matter for that reason.

I just want to make myself clear, officially and on the record about something…

This is a personal blog.

If you don’t like what I have to say, or the beliefs I have and share here, on my own blogsite, then stop reading.

If you feel the need to educate people, maybe you should be more concerned with educating yourself first.

If you feel like all religious persons are foolish for having faith, then I truly feel sorry for you, and I hope you find what you’re looking for in life on your own terms, as I believe we as human beings should have the right to do.

I know I did.

And as this is a blog about me and my life, you better believe that I’m going to share that with my readers.

This is the wrong place for intolerance, arrogance, ignorance and faith-bashing. So move on.
 
Finally, on a slightly more egotistic note: I’m actually very aware of the history of ancient peoples and their religions, and even the various scientific-based arguments that oppose events/elements of the Christian faith/story. I attended respected universities for many years, earned a masters degree, and have an IQ well-situated in the ‘genius’ category.

I don’t need anyone, especially someone that hides behind anonymity on the internet, to attempt to simultaneously insult and educate me.

Maybe you, my wordy critic, should check the definition of faith in your nearest dictionary. I think you’ll find that there is no mention of science or complicated historical cover-ups intrinsic in the nature of the word and its’ definition.

If you were hoping to silence my expressions of my faith on my own blog site, or get me to reach some kind of atheistic epiphany; you’ve got the wrong lady.

People who are both intelligent & educated while strongly religious are out there, my friend.

If you don’t believe me: take it on faith. 

(all comments of aforementioned nature will, as always, be deleted.)