Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A memorial and some puppy fangs...


First, even though he was a gentlemen getting up there in age, I can honestly say that I was really shocked and upset by the news that the prolific Gore Vidal passed away today.

R. I. P. Mr. Vidal. You'll be missed.

(credit)

Aside from hearing about the unfortunate death of a really neat individual today, not a whole lot has gone on around these parts...

Yesterday though, the Hubs and I took Gatsby (our five-year old Pomeranian, if you're behind in the loop) to the vet's office to get a MUCH NEEDED teeth cleaning...

I posted this photo of 'the Dude' on Instagram the other day because I LOVED IT, as it looks like I caught him mid-scream, not mid-yawn, which was actually what was going on here. Lol.


Even though you can't see the state of this little one's teeth in the photo above, I assure you, they were bad.

In fact, I just randomly took a peek into his mouth over the weekend, and immediately felt so guilty and freaked out by how terrible they were, that I called our vet's office as soon as they opened on Monday to get him in asap for a check-in...

He missed his 2011 teeth cleaning at the vet's, and though I try to brush his teeth myself, it's definitely not an easy task.
He doesn't bite at the brush, but hates it and after he licks all the doggy-toothpaste away from the bristles, he just twists and jerks and tries to escape the entire time! Plus, his mouth is really little, and no matter what brush I use, it's way to big...

*sigh*

So it comes down heavy on a yearly, proper teeth cleaning for our little Dude at the vet's office...with anathesia, and proper dental equipment...and me being all stressed out by seeing his precious little body all unconscious on the exam table. :(

So this time around, two of his little front teeth were too far gone, and crooked to boot, so they got extracted during the cleaning.

Ouch! Poor Gatsby!

His little gumline is still a bit swollen from them being removed, but his chompers are sparkly-white now, and he's already back on the doggy cookies (and human food-begging) like a champ.

And I am one relieved dog-mama that my little one's mouth is healthy and good to go for another year...

Now it's just to get those naughty little cat-brothers to the vet's office later at the end of this month...for the big one, if you know what I mean...

That trip where they'll leave a little something behind at the office. Poor boys. They don't even know it's coming. 0_0


Anyway, this coming Friday is my original due date for this kid to make her appearance...it's also a full moon, so you never know, between now and then maybe we'll actually have a baby on our hands, at long last!

As always, stay posted, my darling readers!