Monday, November 12, 2012

Catching up on thankfulness!



That's right, the days got ahead of me, and I've got some serious thankfulness to catch up on! :)

There's always plenty to be thankful for, so at least its not a problem to get all these days caught up!

Day 9: Today I'm thankful for a pantry/cupboards/fridge full of food that I can make for my family whenever we're hungry. I know that millions of people the world over don't have this luxury. I praise and thank you, Lord, every day for blessing my family with an abundance of food to fill our bellies!

Day 10: Today I'm thankful for the charity of others. The Hub's father and grandfather started work on our pantry today (Saturday). It's old and the walls and floor are gaped and uneven, so it's easy for mice to get in, and it's always quite cold in there too! It' s a bit more work than I think they had originally bargained for; ripping out the old shelves and busted up walls, replacing them with new ones, then evening out the floor and installing new floorboards. Thank you, Lord for sending others into our lives (family or not!) to be helping angels in our time of need!

Day 11: Today I'm thankful for our church family. The Hubs and I have really been cultivating great relationships with some of the people in our church recently. We started attending what ended up being our home-church last August, and every Sunday, I feel more at home and touched by the sermons, hymns and testimonies of my fellow parishioners. Thank you, Heavenly Father for my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

Day 12: Today I'm thankful for precious, life-saving medicines available to my precious Aurora. Today Aurora got her first vaccines at her well-baby exam. I don't mean for this to turn into a vaccine debate. I don't judge others on their decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate their own children, and I expect the same courtesy. The Hubs and I have done our research on the matter, and feel comfortable with our decision for our daughter. So being clear with that, I really am so grateful that I live in a country where these amazing medicines are available, free-of-charge to help keep our baby healthy and safe in her life. When I think of all the women in the world today that lose children to severe sickness or even death because of the very diseases we vaccinated Aurora against today, I get down on my knees and praise God for our blessings!


I bet you all, each and every one of my darling readers, have something to get down on your nees and praise the Lord for...

so don't wait.

He's always listening. :)