Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8, baby!


It's day-8 of the Thankfulness challenge, and I've got a good one to share today! :)

Today I'm thankful for the ingenuity of this man:

(credit)
to invent and produce this device:

(credit)

That's right, I am legitimately thankful for Mr. Johannes Gutenberg.

With his invention of the printing press, the once very small percentage of the population with the ability to be literate, suddenly widened and grew. And the first piece he produced on his printing press was the Bible...

So not only did it become easier for the general population to become literate, but they could finally read the most important book of all!

Without him, and his printing press, I wouldn't have my favorite hobby in the world: reading. I wouldn't have my prized book collection, and then also wouldn't be able to have my own Bible in my home either!

Thank you, Lord Jesus for brilliant, devout men like Mr. Gutenberg!

How's that for a creative thanks? ;)