Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!


I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but I can't help but get a little blue when special occasions/holidays come around and I'm no where near my family...

Today is not an exception.

It's Roo's first Easter, and its ending up being a pretty standard, normal day for us.

We had a family dinner for the occasion of Easter on Long Friday when all of the Hub's family was still in town...but today, the actual day is just a day.
The packages that my family sent with all our Easter goodies (including Roo's Easter dress) still haven't made it to us, and other than heading to church this evening, it definitely doesn't feel like Easter to me.

:(

Next year, when Roo is a little older and can enjoy the day more, the Hubs and I decided we'll do the whole American style extravaganza of an Easter egg hunt here on our property on Easter morning, I'll make a lamb roast for dinner, and hopefully we'll have Easter goodies from the States too!

Anyway, holiday-homesickness aside, I have to remind myself that even without my family close-by today, there is still so much joy to be found today. Feeling down in the dumps should never happen when you celebrate the greatest display of love the world has ever known!

(credit)

Celebrate today for all it is: the day that Jesus conquered death so that we could have eternal life!

He is risen, halleluja! :D