Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A leave of absence...


Well, I guess I'm a pretty lousy blogger. :/

Sorry about the extended absence, my darling readers!

The Hubs, Aurora and I have been in the States for our summer vacation and I had little to no internet connection for most of our stay, not to mention tons of people and places to visit!

And we were so busy for our entire stay!
We started off in Nebraska with my extended family. From there we even drove to my home town in Illinois to see my grandparents and an old friend. Then we flew up to Seattle to see my parents and siblings and attend the wedding of a dear friend...it was a whole lot to do in less than a month, and we're still all very tired!

Aurora was a trooper and did so well with all the flights and new people...but now that we're home, she has a horrible case of jetlag, and we were up until 2:30 am last night with her, trying to get her to sleep...then she slept until nearly one this afternoon. Oy.
The poor thing is not only jetlagged, but also cutting two teeth at once as well...I don't know if we'll ever get her back on schedule, but we'll just keep trying! (any tips would be appreciated, on that note. ;) )

Anyway, I just wanted to pop back in to assure any of you wonderful people still reading that we're still alive and well, just a little tired...

I'll start posting regularly and try and scrounge up some photos from our trip too, so stay tuned!

And I hope you all are having an amazing summer! :D