Wednesday, July 31, 2013

the vacay recap...


Well Aurora has officially passed her cold around to both her parents, and we're all laid up in different places around the house; sniffling, feverish and coughing. :(

The Hubs has stayed home from work for the past two days both to help care for Aurora while I was in bed sick, and because he's feeling awful too!
We can't wait until this cold passes us over, and I think that it will soon...but in the mean time, here's some of those vacation photos I've been promising!

While we were in Seattle visiting my parents, we hit up the zoo...one of my favorite places!

Since we call Roo our 'monkey', we HAD to go take some family photos with the monkey sculptures!
The zoo was so awesome and exciting, she fell asleep in her stroller, still holding her zoo map. Aww.
Roo and Momo watching the kangaroos...






Yeah Roo, no tapping.
I have to mention that all these great photos were taken by my future sister-in-law, who has a great eye...

Did I mention that my baby brother is getting married next year? :D

He proposed to his girlfriend while we were all in Seattle together...


So we'll be heading back to the States next year too!

I can't wait for the wedding, and to have another sister in our family! :D

She took some great family photos for us too...

That's me, my sister and my brother...whom I look nothing like, whilst they constantly get mistaken for twins. Psh.

   
Hey, there's my Mom, the family dog in her lap, and the Hubs too!
My siblings had to explain 'twerking' to me whilst we were taking these photos, but as you can see from my face, I wasn't totally on board...

Finally, we went to the wedding of one of my best friends in the whole world, while we were in Washington...we actually planned our trip dates so we could attend!

The bride and I, and one of our dearest friends from school, who was in the bridal party...


Roo wore her pretty dress and was very well behaved at the wedding...
 So we spent half of our vacation in Nebraska and Illinois with my extended family too...and most of those photos I made hard copies of to take home to Norway to frame, but I managed to round up a few of them to share with you all too...

Rory and the Hubs had their first taste of Whitey's Ice Cream while we were in my hometown in Illinois...I had definitely missed that!
There's Rory and my Aunt taking a candy break on the way to Illinois from Nebraska...
She even got to try some Runza, and like a true Nebraskan, was all over it.
We had to take the Hubs to the area's most beloved rib joint...and that monster plate he's holding up? Totally finished it all. By himself. With a smile on his face.
While we were in my home town, I even got to pop in and see one of my very best friends from childhood...it was amazing...he even hooked Rory up with her first Cubs baseball cap!

Anyway...there's a little glimpse of Aurora's first trip to the States...and as I mentioned, we'll be going back next year too for my brother's wedding, which I think will be in the spring...can't wait!