Friday, September 20, 2013

Home sweet home: the living room...


In the past few months I've heard from a few different people that it might be fun to show off parts of my house here on my humble little blog...

And while I'm aware that none of my house is magazine-worthy, I'm still pretty proud of it.

I love my home. :)

So without further ado, I'm officially starting my home posts with a section of my living room!

This is the table, stuff and photos in my living room; between the terrace door on the right, and the hallway to the stairs/second floor & foyer...


My beautiful sister is an amazing photographer, and took all the photos in that frame on the left...then she put them all together as a Christmas present for me...they are all places from around our home in Washington! I love them. Also some family photos, and a neat rock I found. :)

I love the photo frames I got earlier this summer...I just haven't filled them all with our family photos yet, they are still mostly stock photos...I'll get right on that. ;)

The shelf under the table with the 'dog-people' paintings, a clay mask my Husband made way back when he was in grade school, a sheep skull I found on our property and cleaned/treated, some coffee table books, and a glass Buddha I bought in Chinatown, Victoria, B.C. once. :)

And there you have it...a little corner of our home sweet home. <3 br="" for="" future="" home-y="" in="" more="" near="" posts="" stay="" the="" tuned="">

Also, whilst snapping these photos, there was a certain someone that insisted on getting in on the action:

she had just ripped the barrette out of her hair. that noodle.

That same someone is sitting on my lap at the moment, trying to help me type and signing that she's hungry now, so I'm off to make a sandwich...

The Hubs and I are heading to a birthday party this evening after Aurora is in bed...should be fun!

Do you have any plans for the weekend?