Thursday, May 1, 2014

A long overdue vacay and a long overdue post.


Well this is embarassing.

The whole, I haven't posted in about seven months thing...it isn't really intentional, just sort of happened and of course a whole heck of a lot has happened in our neck of the woods since last October!

A quick rundown:

-we finally got up and running as a foster home and have had a couple of placements so far, currently a nine-year old little boy.
- we sold our little car and ended up with a minivan for me (which I LOVE) and a little Volkswagen for the Hubs to drive to work everyday.
- we went on our first family vacation last month...like our first one ever! Just the Hubs, Aurora and I. And that's what has finally given me the kick in the pants I needed to dust off my poor little blog and post something!

So lets kick off this welcome back post with some vacation photos, shall we?

The view from our balcony...



Roo and Dada in the pool

with the help of some water wings, Roo really took off in the pool!


loungin'.

waves!

though sand was a huge fail, Roo liked being down at the beach with Dada...

I was there too, see!


Aww, family beach portrait.


we headed into the local town for lunch one afternoon...

Anyway, our vacation was lovely. We ate a lot, slept more than usual, swam a whole lot and just relaxed together.

But now the daily grind is back in full force of course!

I'll be back around soon, folks...sooner than seven months! ;)