Thursday, February 12, 2015

February reads...


If you follow my twitter feed, you might have seen that I made a comment about this month being an especially exceptional one for book releases...

and now I'm here to share with you all just what is being released this month that has my heart all a flutter...

First, let's talk graphic novels:



This baby just came out last week, and I can't wait to get started. I had read a brief synopsis last year on this epic graphic novel and became mildly interested...then my literary main squeeze Mr. Neil Gaiman started raving about it on various social media outlets, and it sealed the preorder deal for me.
It might sound a little contrived, but when an author I respect that much takes the time to mention a new book/project, I always at least take the time to check it out on my own.
So that's how I ended up with this in my reading line up.



As for this graphic novel, which will be released at the end of this month, it wasn't recommended to me in any capacity, adored author or otherwise. This is an instance of pure happenstance: I just stumbled upon a photo of the cover of this upcoming release and was so intrigued by what I saw, that I started reading up a bit on it...and next thing you know, it too jumped into my preorder pile and I'm genuinely looking forward to adding it to my library.
Are any of you familiar with this series or its authors?


Moving onto more tradition literary fare, I just received a confirmation email that this was shipped to me today:


First, if you haven't read A Series of Unfortunate Events...STEP AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER AND HEAD TO YOUR NEAREST LIBRARY IMMEDIATELY because your life is lacking something absolutely amazing that you don't even know you're missing.
Seriously.
I mention it because this novel, was also written by none other than the brilliant and previously aliased Lemony Snicket. I'm actually not too versed in his previous ventures into adult fiction (what a weird & stupid categorization, am I right?), so I'm excited to check this out. And if it is anywhere near the caliber of The Series, it will also contain stunning language and painfully endearing characters. I'm so in.

Finally, the book that arrived on my doorstep just today, a collection of short stories by non-other than my aforementioned literary main-man:


This came out about a week ago as well, and you can pretty much bet I'll defy my usual read in order of receiving system (re: compulsive need to circulate things and have a system -system), and jump this baby up the queue.
Even though I've already read a few of this pieces in this collection, as usual I couldn't be more stoked to get a new Gaiman tome to join my collection.

Are any of you fellow bookworms into preordering pieces before their actual release date?

What have you preordered this month, or have you read anything exceptional so far this February?