Tuesday, March 29, 2016

evolution


I first started blogging when I got married, packed up my life Stateside, and relocated to Norway.

That was over six years ago.

In the beginning and up until fairly recently, my blog posts revolved around local events and happenings, cultural observations from a new expatriate, and family updates.

These days, I mostly write about books. You might have noticed, dear reader.
Books I'm excited to read. Books I've recently finished. Books I'm buying. Books.

And I think I've finally figured out the root of the transition as it extends to my blog.

I don't feel like an expatriate anymore.

And outsider. An observer. A newbie.

My life is here in Norway. I have found my place in the world.

And the steady constant in my life, the ever enduring passion and love of mine has always been and will always be books.

So in the future I will not shy away from blogging, because I'm feeling maybe just a little bit like I'm prattling on too much about things that aren't consistent with my original blog format or purpose.

This is my place.


This place has, and I imagine will continue to evolve along with my life.

So expect updates. Expect photos. Expect unabashed imperfection. Expect books.

I hope you will all be along for the ride.

x