Friday, May 6, 2016

hey hey its may


With no added frills, my darling readers, here is my May reads post...a monthly post in which I both estimate and simultaneously set a reading goal for myself for the coming month.



I'll read these in order from top down the stack, and am nearly finished with the first.
(which I'm finding a bit difficult to get through by the way, as despite my adoration for this person, I'm not real big on bios in general.)

Jim Henson : the biography by Brian Jay Jones
All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Andrews
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Midnight all Day by Hanif Kureishi
Pure by Andrew Miller

I'm going to try my darndest to get through all five of these this busy busy month, and the fact that I made it to upwards of seven last month is promising...but here's something else for you all, that I don't think I've mentioned just yet...

We're moving this month.

Talk about coconuts. Right?!

We've sold our house out in the country and have bought a new place in a quiet little neighborhood just north of my beloved Haugesund. We officially got the keys last week, and have dived in, WAY IN to renovations before we move in. The goal being to try and get some big things done before we have to live in the middle of it...we have to hand over the keys and be out of our country house by the first of June.
So this month will be a big one.

I'll start posting some photos and giving progress updates before too long. Exciting stuff, stay tuned!