Friday, July 1, 2016

you guys, it's July!


It's July, you guys.

You wouldn't know it here in Vestlandet, where we're bundled up in our rain gear and the children must play outside with their waterproof mittens and hats on.
Counting the finishing of an audiobook, I managed to clear 8 reads during the month of June.
Which is not too shabby, in my humble opinion.
Check out my last post to see the full list, and remember to check out my Goodreads account if you're interested in the reviews of everything I read through, as not all the reviews make it over the blog.

But summer it is just the same, and I'm here to show you my stack of July reads...


I've got a couple of chunky pieces on my tbr pile for the month, but still pretty confident about getting through them all...

(what do you think of my new bedding, btw, folks?)

The order I'll be working in is as follows: (not sure how the pile ended up in that order in the photo)

Reader, I Married Him edited by Tracy Chevalier
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Saturday by Ian McEwan
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

There's some pieces here I'm really looking forward to reading this month: like the ever-hyped Susanna Clarke novel, and chunky high fantasy tome by Patrick Rothfuss. Atonement is one of my absolute favorite novels, so I'm usually up for a romp with Ian McEwan. The Ahern novel is a YA that came in an OwlCrate shipment, and the short story collection inspired by Jane Eyre is already proving to be a really unique read...

Our family isn't taking a proper vacation this summer, which is alright, considering all the work around the new house that we've already done and continue to pay for, and all that we're planning and saving for in the near future...

The Hubs has been in Poland for a big music festival for a week and is due back on Sunday, and I've just finished hosting what proved to be the most difficult foster case I've ever had...
Needless to say, the girls and I are really looking forward to him coming home.

What are you reading this month? Leave a comment below!