Tuesday, August 9, 2016

july/august combo


How is it the ninth of August already, you guys?

Seriously.

We've had a busy few weeks around here, and the rest of the month looks to be much of the same. Birthdays, local festivals, and back to school to name just a few things cluttering up our calendar.

So I've been trying to read as much as possible (as per the rest of my life up to this point), but I'm both a bit busy and also trying to finish some series on Netflix. You guys get it.
(in case you were wondering, I just finished the third season of Brooklyn 99, am three episodes into the final season of Downton Abbey, am halfway through Luther, and just started Orange is the New Black. I'm busy as far as watching awesome shows go too, people.)

Anyway, so here's a reading wrap up of the month of July...

You might recall that I had wanted to get through this stack:



And mostly did.
y goal was for five books (as usual), and I did get through five, but not exactly the five in the photo above.

I don't really know how or why it happened, by I ended up circumventing my own personal reading rule.
I picked and chose some stuff from my tbr pile that was out sequence.

It's still kind of freaking me out.

Like, my ability to randomly and easily abandon all semblance of order.

Anarchy, dudes.

I ended up reading:

Reader I Married Him edited by Tracy Chevalier
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
The Little Ochre Book of Occult Stories by Karl Edward Wagner
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

You can find the reviews of most of these right here on the blog, under previous entries, and always on my Goodreads shelf.

This month I've already read a couple of books. To be precise, these:

   











And I am planning on trying to get through these before the month is out:


The Gaiman non-fiction piece and the Rothfuss novel are over 500 and 600 pages respectively, so it's a decent load to pull through the month.
I'm not figuring on skipping around in my pile this month, like I did in July...namely because breaking my order/rule really threw me, and plus also, there are some awesome releases hitting bookstores in the next couple months, (meaning: I have preordered a whole lot of stuff ) and I want to be able to have room for them in my tbr pile asap.

Also, I have been thinking more and more lately that I would love to start 'book tube' - ing, or vlogging my reading entries instead of writing them out. What do you all think?
 The only actual hurdle to this process being that I am very much not tech savvy and do not know how to edit videos. Hmm.
Thoughts?

Also, what are you reading?